[filmscanners] Re: Initial Scan

Hi Howard,

I am working from memory here, because I can't get to my scanner to turn
it on and use Insight.

Within Insight there is a menu tab called "TONE" which is where you can
adjust the contrast and brightness(?).  By adjusting the brightness
sliders you can move the black and white points.

You can then look at the curves menu tab and see how the results look.
Also, you can go back to the tone tab and move it until the histogram is
unclipped.  I also believe I recall there being some tools
(eyedroppers??) on the Curves page that allow you to move the endpoints
around... again, this is from memory without the software, so I might be
dreaming ;-)

Art