[filmscanners] Bands while using Vuescan

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Bands while using Vuescan
  • From: "Nagaraj, Ramesh" <Ramesh.Nagaraj@ca.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:21:05 -0400

Hi,
        I have heard lot of people saying "Minolta Dimage Elite II" causes
bands. I too observed  the follwing.

a) Causes clear red bands in DARK part of the slide scan.
b) Subtle bands are visible even in the lighter part. (This is very hard to
find; normally comes at the top 1/4 area. I can see these bands in the "sky" of
most of my
   scans)

Above problems happens
                * While using Vuescan. But ****NOT*** in Minolta software.
                * While I enable DICE (I tried chaning many options
like"Grains", "ROC" . Culprit is DICE).

It raises
following doubts.

*Is it the problem with Vuescan or Minolta h/w. H/W seems to be ok, beacuse
bands appear only with DICE. Without DICE there are no bands.
 If there are any third party scanning s/w; I would be glad to experiment  with
them.

* Has Minolta fixed its hardware problem using s/w?

If anybody is facing same problem with Vuescan / Minolta / DICE combination,
try with Minolta s/w & let us know the results.

Thanks
Ramesh

Note: There is some thing wrong with the list. This is 8th time I am sending
this mail.