[filmscanners] RE: Web home page writing software

You will have a hard time finding a professional webpage with a hit counter.
Also frames are hardly used by professional webpages. The nested tables are
really not hard to do, especially if you have a consistent design and use
templates.

> but when you see endless reams of
> nested tables with no indenting, you know you're dealing with
> HTML that was
> generated by software, not by hand.

Not at all. You can reduce the size of your pages by running an utility over
the final page that produces an output without any unnecessary whitespaces,
linebreaks, etc.

> If you use an automatic tool, you
> wind up with
> HTML that's guaranteed to be correct.

And that is quite likely not compatible with many browsers.

Robert