[filmscanners] Re: Web home page writing software

Paul writes:

> I don't believe for a minute that the 29 kilobyte
> Yahoo home page is hand written. No one (who isn't
> on medication) writes code that looks like that:
> a total lack of rational indentation or line breaks.

Indentation and line breaks increase page size and download time, so they
are often removed.

> You must be looking at a different Yahoo.

The source of the page I'm looking at has both line breaks and indentation.
The Yahoo page has bloated considerably since the olden days, as they try to
make it more attractive to compensate for a loss of interest.

Google, on the other hand, is still stripped for speed, with only the
essential line breaks, and no other fancy formatting.  Then again, Google is
getting a lot more traffic these days than Yahoo.