[filmscanners] scanning times on your PCs

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] scanning times on your PCs
  • From: "Tomek Zakrzewski" <tomzakrz@ka.onet.pl>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:19:46 +0200

I've been using Bob Frost's method of first scanning a raw scan with
NikonScan (ICE normal on and Nikon Color Management switched off, 4000dpi,
14bit color) and then scanning from disk with VuesScan to achieve well ICEed
and well color balanced scans

What bothers me is the time it takes on my system (PII 400) to complete a
scan. Especially
scanning and saving with VueScan takes much too much time.
If you're using this method of scanning I'd like to asko you to cite your
scanning times on your PCs and give me the necessary details of your
configuration, so that I can find out what I realy need to speed up the
process.

So my questions once again:
1. How long does it take to scan a Raw file with Nikon scan
(ICE Normal on but Color Management switched off, 4000dpi, 14bit color).
2. How long does it takes to scan a raw file in VueScan (some
recent version), 130MB, scanning from disk, saved as tiff with or
without LZW compression (please state if you use it).
>From hitting "scan" to fully saving a file, how long does it take?

Thank you in advance!

Tomek Zakrzewski