[filmscanners] Re: Colour fringing

Sorry about the confusion, I added that note about the Minolta after I
wrote the original message, so things got a bit befuddled.

The last paragraph refers to the HP S-20, not the Minolta Dual II.  The
Dual II is a "basic" slide and neg scanner, no reflective, and the
optical path seems to be that of most film scanners.  The problems I
referred to with the Minolta I have documented before, some have "lazy
sensors" which create a line across the scan, the images tend to have
aliasing problems making the image grittier than necessary, especially
with neg films, and also dust, dirt and scratches are more obvious, and
lastly sometimes the calibration process seems to go haywire and
develops a wide pink streak down negs.

Art