[filmscanners] Colour fringing photosmart scanner

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Colour fringing photosmart scanner
  • From: "Jonathan Ratzlaff" <jonathanr@clrtech.com>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:12:35 -0700

One of the things I used to get rid of the colour fringing was to unplug
the power from the back of the unit and power it down.  This was the only
way I could get rid of it.  Cycling it through the cycles did not work.  I
also found that I would have less trouble with flare, if I scanned the
image so that dark areas scanned into lighter images rather than the other
way around.  This made the CCD sensor less susceptable to overload from the
brighter portions of the image.  This did seem to help with the quality of
the scan.
The HP scanning software for this scanner was totally useless.  I still
have one of these scanners at work, were I use Vuescan to run this scanner

Jonathan