[filmscanners] Re: Epson 2450 and 120 scanning

Ted,

First, it's simple to do and hard to explain, but I'll give it a try.

Start with corrugated cardboard -- you need some thickness.  I got mine from
a case of copier paper.  It's just thick enough to stick up above the film
holder.

For 120 film cut one strip wide enough to fill the whole film track (~
2.25") and a smaller one which can barely fit between the little scallopy
things which hold the film down.  This is because you are often working near
one end or the other of the opening.  [For 35mm you can use two narrow
pieces.  This will obviously prohibit you from automatically scanning a
whole strip, but the increased flatness wins my vote.]

Slip in the film, then push the cardboard flatteners in place as best you
can and shut the lid.

Obviously, none of this is very precise, but it has improved my images a
great deal.  However someone is bound to come up with an elegant solution
soon, and I want to know about it.

Glenn