[filmscanners] Re: Black and white scansonLS4000EDandotherissues

Brian

You seems to be a happy LS4000 user.  How do you scan black & white negs
(assuming you do)?   Nikon clearly stated that you cannot use RGB positive
as the frame gaps are not recognised (I had this issue myself).  Do you use
mono settings?  If so, how do you clean the negs and/or scans as I saw too
many speckles, scratches etc. (far more than on an SS120 scan) to be able to
do a satisfactory job of cleaning after the scan.

Thanks.

Simon