[filmscanners] RE: Trouble with Canoscan FS4000US

Hi Stefan,

if this may encourage you, I had a similar (although not so evident) problem
with my FS4000 out of the box. My first scans had a darker line of a few
pixels at about 1/3 of the frame. The problem suddenly disappeared after a
couple of hours, never to come back, after the first scan I made with
Vuescan rather than FilmGet. Now I don't think software may play a role,
here, so I tend to think it may have been some dirt which after a while was
somehow dislodged, like Art is suggesting here.

good luck,
Alessandro Pardi

<snip>

> Definitely do NOT take you scanner apart.  BUT you might be able to
> "fix" this problem with the help of some gravity.  Try turning your
> scanner on different planes (no not the type you jump out
> of!) and give it some gentle raps on all the sides with each move.
>
> This might dislodge the offending dirt, if that is the cause.

<snip>