From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Austin Franklin
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 9:06 PM
To: alexz@zoran.co.il
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: ADMIN: was RE: Density vs Dynamic
range>AUSTIN (2a) - To the MODERATOR

> Now it is down to people's self-consciousness to realize that this List
> isn't the very appropriate place for such long and annoying threads going
> off-topic more and more.

Hi Alex,

It comes across that you (and some others) somehow believe the "Density vs
Dynamic Rage" thread was off-topic.  In fact, it could not be more ON topic.
It may not be a topic that (unfortunately ) interests a lot of list members,
but it IS an important topic (far more important than a lot of people may
understand) that does relate to filmscanners.

There are many topics on this, and other lists, that don't please
everyone...for one example, I could care less about Viewscan and Nikon
scanners (although some of the discussion about Nikon scanners does interest
me), but they ARE related to film scanners, and do belong here...except when
this group becomes a Viewscan support group...now that's out of line IMO.

I believe this group is everything from "how do I turn my scanner on" to
"what is the spectral response of the LEDs in the Nikon 8000ED
scanner"...it's all about filmscanners.

Regards,

Austin