[filmscanners] Re: ADMIN: was RE: Density vs Dynamic range>AUSTIN (2a) - ...

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: ADMIN: was RE: Density vs Dynamic range>AUSTIN (2a) - ...
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:58:58 EDT

I have to say, I have been following this 'debate' from afar.  Very afar,
because after the first few posts I, frankly, lost interest.  However, I also
wholehearedly agree with Austin's post here.  I do not see how anyone could
say that the discussion was off topic for a filmscanner list.  Not my cup of
tea, but I certainly think it belongs on list for those that are interested.
If a topic is uninteresting to me, but still appropriate I just skim the post
or outright delete.  Anyway, I will probably get flamed for this....

Howard

Proper decorum and respect in discussion is another issue entirely and,
frankly, I haven't been following closely in that regard.  Please don't
interpret my comment as suggesting that any type of decorum can be used
assuming that the subject is on topic.

<<
 Hi Alex,

 It comes across that you (and some others) somehow believe the "Density vs
 Dynamic Rage" thread was off-topic.  In fact, it could not be more ON topic.
 It may not be a topic that (unfortunately ) interests a lot of list members,
 but it IS an important topic (far more important than a lot of people may
 understand) that does relate to filmscanners.

 There are many topics on this, and other lists, that don't please
 everyone...for one example, I could care less about Viewscan and Nikon
 scanners (although some of the discussion about Nikon scanners does interest
 me), but they ARE related to film scanners, and do belong here...except when
 this group becomes a Viewscan support group...now that's out of line IMO.

 I believe this group is everything from "how do I turn my scanner on" to
 "what is the spectral response of the LEDs in the Nikon 8000ED
 scanner"...it's all about filmscanners.

 Regards,

 Austin