From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of John Matturri
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 2:45 PM
To: TMaugham@yahoo.com
Subject: [filmscanners] ss4000 problem

The following happens when I turn the scanner on are as
normal: the a humming sound, and then a deeper sound. Then
however an uncharacteristic quieter hum which lasts 5
seconds or so and then stops. At that point the orange light
blinks continuously. This isn't the constant recycling
problem as I've encountered it in the past (though I have
tried the brush without help). A problem with the motor?

Assuming that no one has a quick solution, should I get it
repaired for the $400 - 600 that Polaroid estimates (with
the suggestion that it would be replaced if the problem
couldn't be fixed)? Or should I buy a SS4000 Plus for $1200?
My understanding has been that the new model wasn't
significantly better then the old. Is that true? Given that
these were going for $500 a while back I assume that there
is in effect no real resale value to the old one.

The kicker is that I have two deadlines coming up. I could
have commercial scans made for these of course.

--
John Matturri
words and images: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmatturr/