[filmscanners] Re: Windows Memory Mgt.

It's fairly common knowledge to anyone that works in the field (which I do).
Actually, it goes back a touch farther, as NT's memory management is an
evolution of both OS/2 and Vax VMS.  Best of both worlds, so to speak.

As NT (and subsequently 2000 and XP) were never built on top of DOS, nor did
they attempt backwards DOS compatability, they were true 32-bit operating
systems right from the start.  Memory addressing is well beyond what we have
in our PCs.  Memory management was always a strength, as was the fact that
they were true premptive multitasking operating systems for many years
before it was a feature available in a Mac OS.

Tom

On 12/6/02 12:09 am, "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com> wrote:

Snip:

> XP and 2000 (and NT) have pretty much the same memory-management
> architecture.

Anthony

Where did you get this information?

Simon