From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of brian boggenpoel
Sent: 11 June 2002 21:24
To: mike@efikim.compulink.co.uk
Subject: [filmscanners] Re:Polaroid sprintscan 4000 problems

I did have an early version of Silverfast for a flatbed on the system.

It was ussually the second (large) scan, but not always. It could also go on
the third or fourth very small scan, or just with 10 or 15 mins playing with
colour adjustment, or curves, or tone, or sharpness etc.

The second PC I tried it on did not have Silverfast, and Insight 5.5 would
start ok on this, but I suffered the same instability problems.

Windows 2000 Professional has been mentioned, and I (vaguely) remember a
conversation with someone about Windows 98 not being able to address more
than 128Mb RAM. I do not know if this is correct, but I am going to try it.

Brian.