[filmscanners] RE: Density vs Dynamic range

> > http://www.darkroom.com/Images/DynamicRange01.jpg
> >
> Austin,
>
> Is that your own website or are you quoting someone else ?
>
> I wonder, because that diagram goes some way towards explaining your
> understanding of Dynamic Range.  Unfortunately it does not necessarily
> agree with mine and I'd like to follow this through to a definitive
> source.

Hi Peter,

Yes, it is my web site, and I did put that diagram there.  It is straight
out of Higgins book "Digital Signal Processing in VLSI".

But Peter, I am the definitive source ;-)  If you want me to pull out my
qualifications, I am more than happy to.  But seriously, please, take my
word that what I am describing and talking about I am entirely correct.
Please try to understand it....and once you understand it, you will see why
I am correct...and how useful what I am trying to get you to understand is.
And, that will be one more person who can stop the proliferation of
misunderstanding on this subject.  Your comment above makes me believe that
we have a good chance of that.

I will refrain from answering you rather prolific prior response and see
where you go with this...

Regards,

Austin