[filmscanners] Re: Re:Polaroid sprintscan 4000 problems

Regarding your inability to get 5.5 to work.  Do you have Silverfast on
your system?  Some people have been reporting that the system used to
assure you have a valid scanner to authorize your ability to use
Silverfast is causing some conflicts with allowing upgrading Insight or
even causing the scanner to not be found.

People have successfully corrected this problem by removing both Insight
and Silverfast and then loading up Insight first, and then reloading
Silverfast.

The instability is likely not related to this, however.

I don't know what is causing that for you.  Was it always crashing at
the same time in the same process, or was it more random? (you did
mention often on the second scan...)

Art