[filmscanners] Re: Corrections at 36-bit color depth...

Earlier versions of Photoshop had quite a few processes which worked in
8 bit/channel (24 bit) mode only.

Later versions included more and more processes that function in 16
bit/channel (48 bit) mode.

I use version 5.5, and it still doesn't allow for filters to work in 48
bit, and several other features.

The most recent versions have quite a number of features which work at
48 bit, although I don't believe everything works in that mode yet.

Having said this, probably the most important areas to have 16
bit/channel functionality are things like Levels, contrast, brightness,
hue, color balance, to lessen rounding off error.  It is much less
important in other areas.

Art