[filmscanners] Re: problem with ss120

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: problem with ss120
  • From: "mike rott" <mike.rott@urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 15:44:33 -0700

Larry,

Was there anything wrong looking between the holder that didn't work
and the new one that did?  Comparing the 120 holder with the 35 mm
holder, the plastic part that holds the film down on the 120 holder
is wider then that of the 35mm holder. That extra bit of width seems
to be what is getting jammed in the scanner, because I can now see 2
scratches forming in the plastic on the 120 holder. Why it is getting
caught there, I can't figure out. I think the 120 holder, as it is
going into the scanner is getting raised up and hitting the top side
and then jamming.

Mike