[filmscanners] Re: <Unknown Subject>

There are a few owners of the FS4000 Canon floating around.  I think it
has been unfairly ignored.

It is the least expensive 4000 dpi scanner on the market, seems to be
well built and offers an IR cleaning channel. Shadow noise is probably
similar to the SS4000 (not plus).  Reports I've received indicates it is
well built and designed, and its major weakness was the original
software which came with it, which has since been upgraded and improved.
  Vuescan also works with it.

I think it is competitively priced and worth considering.

Art