[filmscanners] Re: Help With Silverfast Color Management

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Help With Silverfast Color Management
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:02:27 EDT

I just went back to the manual and it clearly states that if calibration is
chosen as internal then the color management is handled separately by
siverfast and not by what is chosen in the control panel.. I went and turned
off all col,or management within Silverfast and still get the same
results...the target looks more like it is supposed to as it prescans, but
then just as the prescan finishes it suddenly lightens up and the three pale
colored lines are white.  I did do the IT-8 calibration as Ian Lyons
suggested with the lightness adjusted to 10..could that make a difference?
If I turn it down to 0 it doesn't seem to do anything though I did not
recalibrate with the IT-8 with it set to 0.  Somehow I doubt that is the
problem.

Howard