[filmscanners] Re: Real-World Scene Brightness Range

Nothing like real data ......I also took measurements (EV) with spot meter
at noon in a very clear, sunny Los Angeles.  White T shirt and black knit
shirt.
              Full Sun   Medium Shade   5 Ft inside House
White Shirt      18.0
Black Shirt      13.2       9.4              7.0

Result: 8.5 stops between bright white in full sun versus very non
reflecting black in medium shade.