[filmscanners] Re: 3 year wait

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > Am I then incorrect in my thinking that the 4K figure for the
> > filmrecorder is in ppi?
>
> It appears to me that the 4k figure for the filmrecorder is simply the size
> of the sensor,

Its not a sensor its a CRT   which is mono and image broken up into 3 colour
"sections"  for
which a colour  filter is placed over the tube and the Red image is projected
onto the film
then Green--- then  Blue ----

If you take the camera back off and look when its working it flashes a
horizontal scan line
for each pass which travels down the page.

The image is rasterized into its components - this rasterization can be 4K (or
smaller)
(4032x2689)  to  8K ( 8192x5461)  ppi  that's Polaroids figures. and these
pixels are then
broken down into 3 intensities of brightness for 3 filter values to make a
colour (8 or 12
bits).

It does not matter if its 4K or 8K the imagine lines still extent fully across
the tube -
the camera/tube are in fixed positions.

Rob