From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Austin Franklin
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2002 9:47 AM
To: laurie@advancenet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: 3 year wait

> Am I then incorrect in my thinking that the 4K figure for the
> filmrecorder is in ppi?

It appears to me that the 4k figure for the filmrecorder is simply the size
of the sensor, and it doesn't relate to any PPI....and when recording to
35mm, you get 4k on the long side, and when recording to 6cm film (say 6x7)
you get 4k on the 7cm side of the film...

At least that's my understanding I got from the discussion with Mac.

Regards,

Austin