[filmscanners] Re: Film Recorders (3 year wait)

Of film recorders yes ---  4K is sort of 4K  and the definition does depend on
the size of
the tube and quality of the printer etc. etc......

Having said that an old Polaroid 5000 CI ? 4K or a Mirus Galleria 5K  do not
give the
results of newer printers  these have about a 2.5" tube. The Polaroid Pallette
8K  and the
4K printers now have a 7" tube.which allows better definition ( don't know what
the tube
size is for the LFR).

I was scanning 2700 off the LS2000 which gave a file size 28M tif  which
interpolated up to
4032x2689 about 32M  gave near the results of the original slide. Now scanning
at 4800 dpi
the results at 4K are better. If I let my printer (an 8K Polaroid)  use the
full scan size
which is near 6444x4284 (79M) they still show improvement over the 4K print.

IMO you will not determine the resolution of film by printing from a film
printer there are
too many other factors involved.

Rob