[filmscanners] Re: 3 year wait

The Microtek 4000 tf aka Polaroid 4000+ states a Kodak CCD. This is in
Microtek's PDF brochure.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
To: <philip.elkin@virgin.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 9:31 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: 3 year wait

Constantine,

I didn't expect it was a Kodak sensor.  The spec for the SS4k+ specifically
SAYS it's a 4k sensor...(actually it says it's 12k, but tri-linear, which
makes it 4k).  What is the actual part number of the sensor?

BTW, get your marketing/spec wonks to understand what the heck a "pixel" is
and how it differs from a "sensor element" (sensel?) ;-)

Austin