[filmscanners] RE: OT: which wintel OS for digital imaging?

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: OT: which wintel OS for digital imaging?
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:23:11 -0400

Having recently upgraded to XP from Windows ME, I can definitely say that XP is
a pleasure to use and far more stable than any prior Windows OS.  That said,
however, in retrospect I would have been much better of upgrading to WSindows
2K, which, apparently, is just as stable and for which drivers are much more
available.

Examples....I just had to return the Sprintscan 4000Plus because I could not
get it to work on XP (though there should be a fix in the next week or two).
Some have had trouble using a Spyder on XP, though I have not.

Howard