[filmscanners] Re: LS-8000ED examples

"Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com> wrote:

The scan was performed with the Nikon glass MF strip holder, 14-bit mode, 4x
sampling, dICE turned on, GEM and ROC off, superfine scan (1 CCD) off, auto
focus and exposure, no other adjustments from defaults.
<<<<<<<<<<<

How long did that take for the scan?

Presumably 1x sampling, not superfine (i.e. using all 3 CCDs) would be
faster? How much faster, and how much worse?

>>  http://www.smallevents.com/mousebefore.tif

Hmm. From French culture to American kitsch. How far the great have
fallen<g>.

Getting the original close to your result requires a major change to the
blue channel. Moving from consumer digital to scanned film, I've been quite
surprised at the radical color adjustments that are required. I suppose
that's unavoidable?

David J. Littleboy
davidjl@gol.com
Tokyo, Japan