From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of
filmscanner@gmx.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 8:00 AM
To: alexz@zoran.co.il
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Monitor calibration

> Do you use hardware device for monitor profiling ?

I can't. All hardware devices that I can obtain here in Germany are based on
USB, and NT 4.0 will just not do USB. There are some devices that would work
on the serial port, but they are way beyond my price range, considering that
this is just a hobby for me. (And at this time, I am not willing to upgrade
to W2K or XP. I have to use W2K at work and don't like it!)

> I got the technical info from Iiyama for my model and already tried it
> profiling through LittleCMS software.
> They gave the RGB phosphor coordinates and gamma value required fro this
> setup.
> The overall results looking not bad except of somewhat exaggerated
> brightness. I suspect the gamma value they insisted to be used for RGB
> coordinates they providede is way too high (3.06), however I'm not sure
> gamma is solely responsible for such brightness....
>
> BTW, I wouldn't mind to share this monitor's info with you if you want it
> or anyone on the list willing to profile his Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454
> monitor.

Thanks for the offer. I might try the phosphor values, even though I have a
VM PRO 450, about 3 years old.

Regards, Barbara

--
http://www.gmx.net