From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of michael shaffer
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 5:56 PM
To: alexz@zoran.co.il
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Scanner calibration

Anthony writes ...

> > Well, I hope the mystery of violet casting will
> > be resolved soon.
>
> Why not just correct the colors in Photoshop?  ...

  Not to suggest you (Alex) use Vuescan, but I'd suggest you download the
demo and try it.  It would offer an alternative and a troubleshooting trial
to see if your CM efforts are aimed at the correct problem.

  I remember such sysmptoms using an earlier version of NS which constantly
yielded a tint effect similar to yours which was corrected by choosing a
different preview preference ... something like disabling "cache previous
preview scan".

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
www.micro-investigations.com (in progress)