[filmscanners] SS 120 questions

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] SS 120 questions
  • From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 02:53:24 +0100

I have two questions for other SS 120 owners:

1.  Does your machine make noises like something inside is vibrating, almost
sounds like it is loose and rattling, during the autofocus procedure?

2.  I have done some focus tests and found that there is inconsistency
between the focus when scanning frame one on a 6X6 strip and scanning frame
three.  In some tests, frame one is very obviously more in focus and sharper
and in other tests frame three is the more in focus and sharper.  It is due
to the film flexing slightly when the holder is closed.  This inconsistency
is not good as it is causing me to have to redo scans until I get the best
focus, for which I do not have time.  Has anyone else noticed this or got a
resolution/workaround?

Thanks.

Simon