From: <filmscanner@gmx.net>
To: <anthony@atkielski.com>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 07:30
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Monitor calibration

> A few days ago I changed my display purchasing new Iiyama VisionMaster
> 454.
> It comes with his own setup software (INF file and ICC profile) which I
> downloaded from their site and installed. into my system (Win98SE).
> Besides
> of that, I tweaked the monitor's profile using Adobe Gamma utility
> and installed it as working monitor's profile.

I also have an Iiyama Vision Master Pro. Plus I use a Matrox card.  I dimly
remember that there were some problems when I used one of the canned monitor
profiles. One of the internet sites had a big no-no for using any of the
profiles that came with either the grafics card or the monitor if you intent
use Adobe Gamma. So I started out with a generic NT profile (or none at all,
for all I know), and then 'calibrated' by using Adobe Gamma. That profile is
used as my monitor profile, and I have had no trouble since.

Best regards, Barbara Nitz

--
http://www.gmx.net