[filmscanners] My Public Apology

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] My Public Apology
  • From: "david/lisa soderman" <scapes@wi.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:09:14 -0500

Dear filmscanners list:

I am writing this letter to publicly apologize for the recent remarks that I
made to Anthony Atkielski.
I came on way too strong and said things that I now severly regret.
In retrospect, I'm afraid that *I* was the one who was being childish and
anal retentive.

This was totally out of character for me...and I am deeply sorry.
I was having a bad day and foolishly targeted Anthony Atkielski to vent my
anxieties on.

I apologize to Anthony - and to the rest of the list for having to be
exposed to my outburst.

I now can only ask for everyone's forgiveness.  You don't have to forgive
me; I'm sorry just the same.
------------------------------------
I know that I can't take back what was said, but if I *could* turn back the
hands of the clock, here's what I would do differently:

>Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> If I'm shooting handheld, I use high-speed color negative film, usually
> Kodak Portra 800.  All the Portra films are a dream to scan, usually
> excellent results.

Glad to hear that you're having such great results, Anthony!  Wish that I,
and others, could say the same.  It seems as though the Nikon 8000ED is the
only one capable of delivering good Portra scans without grain/noise.
(Between Nikon, Minolta and Polaroid.   I just heard that even the Imacon
can't handle the Portra family!)  So, you're quite fortunate to have the
Nikon 8000ED.  May it give you many years of scanning happiness and success.