[filmscanners] Re: Scanning negs vs. slides

Petru,

I've had slides which had apparently blown-out highlights and deep shadows,
and solved it by scanning them twice in NS  (LS4000) with Analog Gain turned
down (to get the highlights) and turned up (to get the shadows). When I
looked at these two scans in PS, I was quite suprised by how much highlight
detail and shadow detail there was if you get the scanner exposure
appropriate. By superimposing them and painting out the blown-out highlights
from the second scan, I got a very acceptable print from an apparently
hopeless slide.

Bob Frost