[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Tue 16 Apr, 2002

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Tue 16 Apr, 2002
  • From: "John Sidlo" <jsidlo@bellatlantic.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:02:54 -0400

To Tomek:

I don't experience problems with Fuji Xtra 800 and an LS4000 scanner - see

"Faces on the T - Two Girls" at:

http://www.johnsidlo.com/imagesTitles.html

I'll note that I had to tweak the color in this a bit, since these were
fluorescent lights, but the Fuji 4th layer seems to make that easier if
anything.

for example.  I use Nikon Scan 3.1.0.

Although I have to say that Fuji 800 NPZ is much, MUCH better film.

To  Steve Woolfenden:

You are almost certainly using ICE when scanning Tri X.  ICE does not work
with B/W films, and Kodachrome, on all scanners that I know of.  I've tried
it, and got the same results.  Turn off ICE and you'll be fine, or try a C41
B/W film, like XP2 or TCN400.

Take a spin through the manual...(grin)

John

http://www.johnsidlo.com