[filmscanners] Re: Difficult scan problem

I have scanned a Delta 100 image this evening using a Flextight Photo at a
dealer.  After the prescan the histogram showed the white point at about 50
(which was fine as there was not any really white component to the image)
and the range of other tones went all the way to 255 with a fairly even
distribution.

When I scanned the image I found that all pixels from about 210 to 255 were
showing as black and I could not get any detail to show, even though I know
it is there from a scan done on a Sprintscan 120.  The histogram shows that
the detail should have been there.

Can someone explain what has happened as all the level and curve
manipulation that I have tried does not seem to get the detail to show.

Thanks.

Simon