[filmscanners] Re: Some findings/thoughts on the Sprintscan120(comments verywelcome please)

>How much longer did the second scan take with the single CCD being used?
>scanned an image this morning on a LS8000, 14-bit, 2000ppi, 6X7, no ICE, 1
>sample and the image was of a white pocelain hand holding two green apples
>against a buff coloured background.  There was significant badning in the
>green apples and the background, and the scan too around four or five
>minutes to scan and opn in PS.  If I use one CCD this could take three
times
>as long, which would not be too good.

>The Nikon does feel like a tinny box don't you think?  It doesn't feel like
>£2,600 worth of equipment.

>Simon

I didn't time it so I can't answer that.  BTW, the Nikon (as I understand
it) always scans at max res (4000dpi), then downsamples.  So it's possible a
4000 dpi scan would take less time to scan, but of course longer in PS.

The outer case is a bit "consumer electronics", yes.  But I notice there
doesn't seem to be a lot of plastic, which can be a problem with CCD
scanners due to hazing of the mirrors due to outgassing.  The mechanism
itself seems quite solid with good precision however, as near as one can
tell those things by listening:)

Dave