[filmscanners] Re: Difficult scan problem

Laurie Solomon wrote:

> >I have suggested that tranny film is used in place of neg material but
> photographic prints
> >are some times required.
>
> Not trying to be a smart ass but given the above statement, why not just
> have an internegative produced (if you want a negative) from the tranny and
> produce the prints the traditional wet photographic way rather than fighting
> with the limitations of the scanner which may also turn out to be
> limitations of inkjet printers?

Laurie

I do think its at its limits - scanning  a neg. I have suggested a change back
to tranny
material will be required to achieve realistic results as there is too much
work in the
corrections and never getting equal corrected results so that report plates
match. Tranny
material is fine to scan and have little problem with that.

And as for your suggestion in making an interneg there are two options in that
I can print
to a Polaroid 8K film printer or send a CD to be printed up so its not as ill
conceived as a
smart ass comment rather as another direction in which to take.

Thanks

Rob