[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Sat 13 Apr, 2002

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Sat 13 Apr, 2002
  • From: "William Du Bois" <dubois@itctel.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:33:32 -0500

What is the secret to getting the absolute best out of the Nikon 4000 Coolscan?

So far we have been disappointed...  the focus and detail are not as
sharp as we'd hoped..

The best results seem to be from if we don't use the Nikon color
management and create a raw scan using multisample 16x and Ice.  They
still could be better....

What corrections should be made at the scanner to advantage rather
than waiting for photoshop?

What advantages do the lumination and chroma controls have over
normal levels and hue?