[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Fri 12 Apr, 2002

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Fri 12 Apr, 2002
  • From: "" <al@greenspace.freeserve.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 22:17:25 +0100

Francis wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have downloaded Vuescan to my beige G3/system 9.2/ microtek 4000t
> and it does not work. I have sent several messages to the support
> address but never had a reply. does anybody out there have any
> feedback on this? Can anybody reccommend the best software for negs?
> I have tried Silverfast 5.2 which is sometimes ok. The downloaded
> trial version of 5.5 does not work that well and in fact all I can
> get is a very contrsty preview.

I don't know the Microtek software but, if it can produce raw 16 bit scans
to file, one option is to use it to produce raw scans and then use
Vuescan to process the image.  This doesn't need Vuescan to actually
see the scanner.

Not ideal but this approach would at least give you an indication of
Vuescans abilities and whether its worth continuing to try to get it
working directly with the scanner.

Hope this helps,

Al Bond