[filmscanners] VARIABLE REZ TEST: Minolta Scan Multi Pro!

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] VARIABLE REZ TEST: Minolta Scan Multi Pro!
  • From: "david/lisa soderman" <scapes@wi.net>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 11:00:23 -0500

Howdy folks:

I guess that I'm a glutton for punishment.  I've come up with yet another
test for the Scan Multi Pro.

If you're a fellow punishment glutton, the pages can be seen at:

www.dreamscapesphoto.com/files/p25reztest.htm

No, it's not the "defocused" w/USM test...but it seems to fly in the face
of the 4800ppi's "extra sharpness" as being the culprit re: grain/noise.

It suddenly occured to me that I've only been testing negs.  My little ray
of hope is that everything will be just ducky with transparencies.
I don't shoot trannies, but I do have a Kodak Q60 slide that came with the
Polaroid SS4000.  (Silverfast)  My testing time is quickly running out, but
the thought of comparing the Polaroid to the Minolta with the Q60 seems
awfully tempting right now.  Those results would give me hard evidence to
compare against various reviews and Minolta advertisements.

Joyfully,  -david soderman- <><