From: "Enrique Londaits" <solucionesdigitales@ciudad.com.ar>
To: <anthony@atkielski.com>
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 15:21
Subject: [filmscanners] a newbie questions

Hi all

I just subscribed to the list and have a couple of questions that I
badly need the answers to. (pardon if they seem very basic)
I'm facing a huge archival project for a local opera theater in my
country, and besides backing up the audio and video they got (my
field of expertise), they've asked me if I could take charge of
digitizing their photo archive (about 400.000 units, between 35 mm
and 6x6 color negatives, 35 mm slides, and some prints)
I'm most concerned with the negatives and slides (they're like 80% of the
job)

1 - What scanner would scan 35 mm *and* 6x6 negatives? I don't know
if it's called the same abroad, but we call
       6x6 (centimeters)  the size of pictures a Hasselblad or a Rollei
takes.

2 - I've heard of some scanners that convert negatives to positives
at scanning time. Is that so? Is it convenient?

3 - What would be the best resolution for scanning negatives, and how
much MB would each negative be?

Thanks in advance, and best regards.

Enrique Londaits
Soluciones Digitales