[filmscanners] Re: Re:Using dICE with glass carriers (was: DepthofFocus)

Since I inspired this thread by my question, I think I'll jump in here.
  I think Jack was simply making a comment about the external most
surfaces (since those are the ones most in question in terms of whether
they would be able to be corrected via dICE).  He was not implying that
the inner glass surfaces or the film surfaces would not be effectively
cleaned via dICE.  I think the reason he did not directly address them
is that they are so close to the film focal plan that one would expect
that to work.

It is I who specifically segregated the matter of the farther external
surfaces.

Art