[filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS-40 vs Polaroid SS4000

>> The differences in the light source are really NOT exaggerated and it is
not
a Nikon/Polaroid issue. It is a LED vs. Fluorescent/cold cathode issue.
I actually wondered that myself until I did the scans. At that time it was a
SS4000 vs. a LS2000 and there is a substantial difference in dust shown.
Using a LED light source also produces more contrasty scans. There are other
issues that many claim is caused by the LED light source.<<

I don't have any experience with the scanners you mention. However, I did
compare the SS120 to the Nikon 8000. The ifferences between the light
sources weren't an issue for me, and wouldn't steer me towards one scanner
or the other. There were other factors that were more important.

A clean slide scans cleanly on both scanners. A dirty slide needs to be
retouched on both scanners. ICE is nice in that it does the work for you.