[filmscanners] RE: Problems installing Adaptec OEM SCSI card

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Problems installing Adaptec OEM SCSI card
  • From: "K2 Chittin" <k2_chittin@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:45:08 +0000

>From: "Daniel Hindes" <stocklists@yakmilk.com>
>Try moving the SCSI card to a different PCI slot.
>Not all PCI slots on a motherboard are created equal. Some are built to
>share an IRQ with another device on the motherboard, and others have
>their own dedicated IRQ. This fact is usually buried somewhere deep in
>the motherboard manual, in a sentence about IRQ- sharing. Just keep
>trying different ones until one of them works. I see this problem quite
>a lot.

Daniel

I had tried all free PCI slots and assigned all free IRQs to each slot in
turn so that the card will have an IRQ of its own.  No joy.  Win2k just
didn't want to install it.

After a couple of days of wait for Microtek support, I had a bright idea.
The card installed fine under my Win98 partition on the same machine.  So,
in theory, there should be no problems with Win2k.  I reformatted the Win2k
partition, and reinstalled the OS, with the card plugged in.  Voila.  The
card was recognised straight away and installed.

The joys of windoze.

Now I can actually go ahead with the business at hand.

K2