[filmscanners] RE: OT Polaroid film recorder

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: OT Polaroid film recorder
  • From: "Hemingway, David J" <HEMINGD@polaroid.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:21:55 -0500

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Op's [mailto:martin@wollongong.apana.org.au]
Sent:   Friday, March 22, 2002 6:45 PM
To:     hemingd@polaroid.com
Rob,
Just a minor correction. Polaroid did sell for a short time the piece of
c**p Mirus film recorder but that was not the CI 5000. The CI and ProPalette
series was initially developed by a "skunk works" operation inside the
Polaroid systems division. These film recorders were 100% designed and built
by Polaroid. I was fortunate to be one of the founding members of that skunk
works.
Regarding Sipa, It was developed by Andrew Nutting in Australia for
Polaroid's Japanese subsidiary. They are still selling it there so I am sure
there is an upgrade available somewhere. Raster Plus in my view is the best
and most robust solution.
I didn't mention the plugin because the CI5000 is primarily used as a
presentation slide recorder.
David

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> I haven't been following this thread, but has your friend considered
> zipping or otherwise compressing the files with another computer and
> then uploading them somewhere on the net and then downloading them to
> his new computer and installed them onto the hard drive as disk 1, 2, 3,
> in separate folders?  Were the original disks named or numbered via disk
> label during formatting (do Macs do that??)
>
> Sorry, don't know much about Macs.
>
> Art

I think that its a very old FRecorder and the programme most likely will not
work with the
current Mac OS. The separate files to make it work are only on disk 1.  That
programme was
developed by Mirus Corp who at the time supplied Polaroid with rebadged 4K
Recorders.

The programme which David did mention SiPi  has only been developed up to
Mac OS 8.1 as this
falls with OS 8.6. There was another programme POM which took ages to
process and print  (20
minutes a slide). Now Graphx has taken over the development of printer
programmes with
Raster Plus.

What I would suggest is using the Photoshop Plug in (free) on the Polaroid
site which you
will be able to print directly without any other drivers.

Rob