[filmscanners] Best source for info?

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Best source for info?
  • From: "Keith Gerling" <keithgerling@att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:07:31 -0800

I'm a new subscriber to this list, looking for online comparative
information regarding devices capable of scanning 35mm through 6x9cm.  I'm
fairly ignorant about the capabilities of consumer-grade scanners, (having
been fortunate to be able to use a friend's Isomet 450 drum scanner for the
last two years) and so I don't really know where to start in shopping for my
own equipment.  Recently, I have learned of the Heidelberg and Agfa flatbed
scanners and their supposed capability to provide quality results.  The
Polaroid 120 scanner also looks good.  But what I really need is expert
opinion, and I'm coming up short on that.  Can anyone here point me in the
right direction?  Thanks!

Keith