[filmscanners] monitor suggestions

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] monitor suggestions
  • From: "jrl" <jrleifer@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:14:33 -0800

Thanks to everyone who responded to me both on and off list! I now have a
number of avenues to consider from a refurbished LaCie (do they
refurbish/replace the 'guns', which seems to me to be the primary risk of a
'pre-owned' unit) to using the specially discounted Sony's to researching
the Mitsu's etc. I'm now wondering if some folks use a CRT for
photoshop/accuracy work alongside a nice LCD as I am busy viewing oodles of
other people's images for consulting/digital inventory/collecting work....I
may also find myself immersed in DV editing work in the near future which
has me seriously considering the cost of the Apple Flat 17" or even the
Cinema Grand (sitting alongside a good CRT). Not insignificant rebates when
purchased at the same time with a new G4.
Any thoughts appreciated.