[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan Coolscan problem

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Vuescan Coolscan problem
  • From: "Mikael Risedal" <risedal@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 17:23:12 +0100

>From: "Jeremy Nicholl" <mail@jeremynicholl.com>
>To: risedal@hotmail.com
>Subject: [filmscanners] Vuescan Coolscan problem
>Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:24:06 +0300

Read the instructions regarding  LS 4000
VueScan 7.5.10 Release Notes    Hamrick
Software
If you're using a Firewire or USB scanner on Mac OS 9.x, you may need to
remove the extensions installed by the scanner vendor's software into the
system folder. For instance, to get the Nikon LS-4000 to work with Mac OS
9.x, remove all the extensions that begin with the word "Nikon" (make sure
you reboot with a film holder inserted into the scanner).

Mikael Risedal

>Vuescan can't see my Nikon Coolscan 4000. I've tried various VS
>releases up to the latest and the problem is constant. The Nikon scan
>software and Apple's system profiler can identify the scanner, so
>it's not a connection problem.
>
>VS can see the other scanner, a Polaroid SS4K, so I can't see what
>the problem can be with the Nikon. I'm running a G4 Mac and the Nikon
>is a firewire connection.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeremy Nicholl
>
>--