[filmscanners] Re: Dust on CCD? Artixscan 4000T/SS4000

Dust on the focused CCD probably would like like streaks down the scan.

Dust/dirt on other optics might create some haloing, or lack of
brightness in the image.

The main problem I know of from dust is that a location sensor sometimes
gets obscured and causes the carrier to move back and forth.  The way to
avoid this is a brush that was made to connect to the film carrier, that
could be used once a week, or whatever.

I do not know if Microtek ever issued this, or if it was a Polaroid only
deal.

Art